Teacher Support in Chintsa
Preschools and attention to Early Childhood Development is one of the most overlooked and under resourced education sectors in South Africa. Through your time as a volunteer you will have a positive impact in this sector and provide much needed support to those already involved in the lives of these children.
We have partnered with several community pre
schools in a rural township
environment and work closely with the teachers (who are often volunteers
themselves) to enrich the daily lives of early learners. With up to 45 children in one classroom and only one or two teaching staff, these teachers desperately need extra support to provide the best possible foundation of education and care for the tiny learners. All of the preschools are very poor, under resourced and full of children from infants to six years old.
Volunteers work alongside teachers and community volunteers to fulfil the daily needs and requirements of the pre schoolers
Pick up from East london on a Monday.
Transfer to your resadance. Be introduced to your co-ordinator and be intoduced to the project.
Volunteers teach in the preschools every morning from Monday to Friday and help with the community developement in the afternoons.
Evening and weekend are free for volunteers own time.
Return on a monday back to East London airport
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure
- Accommodation in shared, serviced camps
- Three meals a day whilst on project
- All project related transport
- Support of our experienced on site project co-ordinator
- Welcome pack with all project info, and meal and drink vouchers for local Chintsa restaurants and bars
- 1 free hour internetup on arrival
- free VA32 T-shirt
Project tasks include:
- Leading activities and reading with children one to one and in small groups
- Assisting teaching staff in delivering lessons and preparing lesson materials
- Creating and facilitating activities in art, song, dance and structured play
- Assisting teachers in resource development
- Attending to the children's needs during meal and nap times
*Volunteers are placed in the most appropriate preschool according to current need and their skill set, to achieve maximum benefit to the aims of project